03 februar 2011

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

it would be about time to pay some tribute to one of my favorite authors, Mika - Miroslav Antić. yes, I know what you'll say. who the hell is that. specially those of you who don't understand Serbian language. but still I love his words. his poems. and it would be nice if you made some effort and discover some of his text in English - despite the fact that they'll never sound so perfectly as the do in Serbian but still. we all have read and keep reading many other authors that aren't English. so I see no difference here.

"Miroslav "Mika" Antić was a Serbian poet, movie director, journalist and painter.

He wrote poems, articles, dramas, movie and TV scripts and documentaries. As film-maker, he was considered as a part of the "Black Wave" of the Yugoslav film. He is well known as a bohemian. A master of delicate and gentle sentiments." - according to Wikipedia

I have some books of his poems and as I have this crazy way. I don't read them from beginning to the end. I just pick up a book and open it on the page I feel I need that very moment. so far it worked as a charm. always hits my soul and my heart. telling me exactly what I want to hear. or what I don't want to but I should.
here are some parts of his songs. just to get a glimpse of it all. it would be perfect if you learned Serbian and read it as it's written. translations are never like originals. (whenever I can find I read books in the language that they were written in. so much better)

"These are your poems. Don’t ask how I found out what you’re thinking. Maybe sometimes I was: you. Maybe sometimes you were also me a bit. Maybe together we were the world "

"I’m dragging around two empty eyes staring into faces of passerby.Who should I ask, hungry and wet,why have we never met?"

" Those who know the signs of thoughts, rarely use spoken language."

"I’m thinking someone else’s thoughts Stealing my own time Dragging it Between clouds, dreams, Distance and snow…"




this post was written as part of the ‘Seven Day Blogging Challenge’.

Ni komentarjev: