16 oktober 2007

am I the master of my faith?

Invictus

by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

It's all got me thinking a bit...a lot even... I can't help it...that's how I work... I gotta think about stuff that are happening...or I can't function...;)
I like to believe I am a master of my faith, and a captain of my soul...but am I really? Or is that just some illusion I give myself so life can be bearable.... it's events like the one happened today (Tose Proeski) and all lot of different stuff that makes you wonder...till what point you get to be the master of you faith?
but than again...my unbeaten positive mind doesn't keep me wondering too long... ;)to some point - where I can decide what college I'm gonna go (and it's great I have a choice to choose!), what I'm gonna do...where I'm gonna work... - we are the masters of our faith... I guess at the end all you're left with is your hope and love you got that keeps you going... all other things kinda loose their importance...so yes I can be master of my faith... not all the way...but to some point I can twist it and turn it so it eventually gets on the track I want it to..;)

2 komentarja:

Pilar pravi ...

Ohm! I didnt go to Split in the whole time I stayed in Slovenia...I just went to Zagreb and Opatija in Croatia...
But, I hope coming back soon, so we'll see if we can know more places!!
cheers!

Anonimni pravi ...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!