11 november 2007

11.11.

I didn't even know about this 'till yesterday... I met with my friend James and his girlfriend (they've been traveling a bit for the past few days and they stopped in Ljubljana as well) they're Australians, but they live in London now for couple of years... and they told me about this- Remembrance day... they have it every year all Australians, a minute of silence on 11.11. at 11 o'clock, no matter where you are at that time you gotta stop and have a minute of silence for this day, when they signed the end of the world war 1.
What all don't we know, or forget about... I think it's great they have this, so they remember this important date. You can read more about if you click here.

Also in Slovenia today is a feast, St.Martin's Day- something more is written about it by our English profesor Sasa and by Andrej, it's about wine!! :) The day when young/new wine is ready to be tasted.

2 komentarja:

Unknown pravi ...

All those wars my forefathers fought for the stupid English.

We need to make sure we never do that again.

Valentina pravi ...

I've never heard about the Remembrance day either, but it's interesting and I like the poppies as its symbol and also the name Poppy day that is used in Malta and South Africa. Well, I guess you never stop learning.