31 oktober 2007

Christianity

Let's make one thing straight from the start, so there wont be any misunderstandings after. I have nothing against any kind of religion, nor am I in favor of one. So this is not meant to insult or offend anyone, these are nearly my thoughts going wild about this issue...
This question's been bugging me for awhile now... well not just this one...but this one is the most interesting... so... what I want to write about here is some aspects of church...actually I wanna post this question...and see what you all think of it... sure it might be a bit naive to ask something like this... because I already know how things go...but hear me out...
so, let's take catholic church and orthodox church... they both belong to Christianity ...so my question is... how come (or correct me if I'm wrong) people- well lets be more specific, a man from orthodox church can't marry a woman from catholic church? Considering the fact that they both believe in the same God, in front of whom they're suposed to get married! It would make sense that people belonging to the same religion - Christianity should be able to get married in front of that same God... no matter what church they belong to... or do we have different Gods in Christianity?

4 komentarji:

Unknown pravi ...

That isn't right, is it?

To my mind, churches have corrupted Christianity. They set themselves up as the source of power, not as a way to help people find...whatever it is they're seeking.

Such pettiness, not blessing a marriage like that. No wonder people are leaving the faith, in Europe, at least.

Girl pravi ...

It is people with different interpretations of what God says via man through the bible.

Like anything people pick things that fit their way of thinking and I believe that is why there are so many different churches/denominations.

If you cut it all down to the basics it really is that there is one God but it's like people "can't see the forest for the trees". The big picture (forest) is the one and same God being the basis of the church (Catholic, Orthodox). The little picture is each persons/churches interpretation of the bible (the trees).

It's ridiculous.

pikec85 pravi ...

I think the same, some rules are really there just to make the confusion ... being with someone that you enjoy is a blessing from the heaven ... so never mind what the people on earth are saying. ;)
just my opinion ;)

VANJ pravi ...

Hey... sorry it took me so long to answer... I hope you don't mind if I first answer your question to me... you know about my head while you were talking about Exit... I did have a headache, but I was also listening to what you were saying and I know you're joking when you say it was horrible-c'mon!I wanted to go to the Exit this year-I even won the ticket-imagine this, but I had to write my diplomma so I spend the whole summer doing this-I wont tell how it ended... So about the topic you opened... I partially agree with what wombar, just a girl and pikec 85 think but I also think that we, people, are still just animals and that all what is decent and traditional nowadays means oldfashion and boring and meaningless... I don't think that church is right when it doesn't allow such marriages and I think and I think it's wrong in many things but untill we all (human race) spiritually mature I think rules must exist. I could write more but it seems odd if a comment is so long.

Anyway Bili, love the questions you're dealing and maybe I should more often visit your blog:) Enjoy