20 oktober 2007

long distance relationships - true love or just a fling

me and my ideas... and this came across my mind the other day... no special reason actually just an interesting theme to talk about...how objective am I to even write about it, since I am in one (long distance relationship)... never the less my objectivity is not in question here.. I'm gonna state my opinion...my thoughts, my doubts, my vision of it all...and I hope to gain some comments on the issue...
anyhow...let me start with the first statement - 'true love'... it could be, it can be... it is... :) but at the same moment we have to define what IS true love ...is there a false love? ...that sounds silly... false love...there is no false love...every love is a true one... or is that a real love- is there a difference in true and real love... because the one that's true needs complete and above all honest relationship... so what is than real love... better not go there ... let's just agree that true-real love is the one that requires honesty, trust, great communication, respect... for me true love is the one that makes you have that great feeling about yourself, that everything about your partner, about this relationship makes you urge to be a better person...makes you feel like you're the best thing on this planet hehehe ;)... your partner needs to complete you...not create you... you are already your own person...you don't need a partner to fulfill you, to make you become someone... that's what most people don't get... they feel they need someone else to be perfect... but in fact they need to get to know themselves to have respect and love for themselves first...to have their lives in the kinda order that suits them ...they/we have to be satisfied with ourselves first in order to be able to give our honest feelings to someone else (now that's just my opinion, I could be wrong) ...and only than they/we can start a life with someone else... you can't start a life with someone with the idea he's/she's what you need to be fulfilled...
ok, I apologize for this... kinda got off the track there for awhile...
so than lets define the other - more cruel fact of the matter... now there... if you're a romantic this other part wont even come to your mind... if you're a realist you might consider it...if you're an optimist you'll just deny it...;)... and pessimists would surly believe it's true...
I can't say I'm romantic... sometimes I am... but my kinda romance... not the cheesy one they make us believe is the only right one... realist I am - but in my kinda reality...;) you make your own reality, the one built on the facts that are around you... above all I am an optimist... I believe in good things in life... and try not to worry myself too much with other stuff...but than again... I can't help myself not to question my ideas, my thoughts...my love even...
because you see...in my head there's only one kind of love...the only real- true love the way I see it, is unconditional love... I guess the most difficult to get but it's worth awhile... and once you get it...there's really no point in discussing this, is there... long distance relationships (any kind of relationships) if they are based on that kinda love - than sure it's true love all over... sure people might say...it's easy to love someone (no, actually they would say it's easy to claim you love someone) who's miles away from you, not even knowing what you do or what he does... but it's not easy...
when you love someone that much you miss them a lot even tough you know they're always there for you... and it's not easy because of the distance... because of that lack of touch, kiss, hug...whisper on your ear...because of the lack of that feeling when you wake up in the morning next to that one person you love...for that it's not easy...
but it's worth awhile... it's worth trying...(but you don't even have to try that much, it all just comes along by itself...if you just keep an open mind and an open heart..)... if you have no love what good is all your fortune...
I do this all the time...start a topic and than get lost in all the sideways I come across just thinking about it all...
so let me conclude it with this... I believe long distance relationships can go both ways...true love or just a fling... like every kind of relationship can... so it's not the distance, it's not the crowd, it's not the family, it's not the status...it's what's in your heart... it's what you feel and how you treat yourself and that other person... so it's true love... if you want it to be :)

6 komentarjev:

Pilar pravi ...

I think that a long time relationship can work, butalso that it depends on the personality of every lover...There's people who cant affort the pain of being separated...
Nice post,
cheers

bili pravi ...

thanks... it's a bit long...I guess no one has the time to read it..;) kidding...;)

Pilar pravi ...

Yes, I have read it, fastly but I did it :) So I practise my english

pikec85 pravi ...

some interesting thoughts for a young girl - well, I have to mention that I am even younger but I agree with you completely! There is no difference in the love itself - the only difference is in giving, sharing, getting it ... that's just my opinion ;)

Valentina pravi ...

Wow, very impressive! It is very interesting way of thinking about love.You're one of those who are lucky or what's the right word..blessed with love ;)Long distance relationships are demanding,take a lot of effort,patience and faith,plus it is very hard to find a person that can stand all this,and we all know that in a relationship there are two!So,what I'm saying is :) that I agree with pilar, as it really depends on the person who we are with.

bili pravi ...

;) thanks! I guess I am the lucky one...;) and as you said it takes two... and a good communication is a key to it all...apart from other also important things..;)