29 oktober 2007

students prayer by Umberto Maturana

I have first learned about this ''students prayer'' from this book I've been reading - Spiritual Intelligence, The Ultimate Inteligence, by Danah Zohar and Ian Marshall, it was in one of the chapters...it says there that Umberto Maturana, the son of a biologist from Chile, became very unhappy in school because his teachers didn't help him learn anything new, they were only limited on learning what they knew and that was the only truth in their heads... and that's why Umberto wrote this ''students prayer''... I've read in this book that this is only a part of it, and on the internet I've found only this little part, so I'm not aware of any longer version...if anyone finds it or knows about it... please tell ;)
so I looked it up on the internet... and I found a few related sites... if you wanna look go to this link and you'll see it somewhere in between the text...
but I'll put it up here as well... read it...;) it's interesting read... if all teachers would have read it and understand it...;)

students prayer
by UMBERTO MATURANA

Don't impose on me what you know I want to explore the unknown
And be the source of my own discoveries Let the known be my liberation, not my slavery.

The world of your truth can be my limitation Your wisdom my negation
Don't instruct me, let's walk together. Let my riches begin where your ends.

Show me so that I can stand on your shoulders.
Reveal yourself so that I can be something different.

You believe that every human being can love and create, I understand,
Than, you fear when I ask you to live acording to your wisdom.

You will not know who I am by listening to yourself
Don't instruct me, let me be.
Your failure is that I be identical to you.


Ni komentarjev: